The recipe is very similar with ćevapčići - they are considered a national dish in Balkan countries , though under different names - or with kofta from Middle East . The Middle Eastern countries use cumin, curry powder, garlic and coriander to season the lamb or beef minced meats and the Balkans are using minced pork in the mix along with lamb and beef .
For 20 ''MICI'' you need (along with the salad, will feed about 6 pers. ):
- 1,5 kg mix of lamb, pork and beef minced meat, about 500 gr each
- 4-5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon of allspice powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 250 ml cold water
Why soda? Because soda is keeping the water in the sausages and won't let them dry.
Ingredients for chickpeas salad:
- 2 cans of ready cooked chickpeas (400 gr each)
- 500 ml natural yogurt
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon masala powder
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chili (if you wish)
Mix all the ingredients and chill for at least 1 hour to let the flavors to came together.
Pin It Now!